Thursday, October 20, 2011

lost for words

today, my in-laws received some very sad a news. a boy from our ward passed away from cancer. He is 17 years old. 4 of my siblings-in-law are, of course, upset because they knew him and could call him a friend.
I wish that I knew more about this boy. I only knew his name, that he was in our ward, and it wasn’t even until a month or so ago that I even knew he was sick.
I feel ashamed of myself because I didn’t know this boy. He is very well liked, and will be extremely missed. I know I don’t have any good excuse to have met  him, though. In Church I work with the nursery aged kids, and I don’t know any of the teenagers except my in-laws. It’s not like my old ward where I knew everybody and everybody knew me.

Of course, silly me, when my sisters are crying, I said “it’s going to be okay.” Why I said that, I don’t even know. Because for them, right now, it’s not okay. My mouth couldn’t even stop the words from coming out. I was thinking it, and then I blurted. ugh, I hate it when I do that. one sister even told me, “that’s the last thing we want to hear right now.”

I am sad that a boy who is so young is no longer here. But I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that he will be waiting for all of his friends and family on the other side.

It’s a sad day. A very sad day for everybody who know this young man. And a sad day for those who didn’t know him, but know people who are affected by his passing.

No comments:

Post a Comment