Saturday, August 13, 2011

FOR SERIOUS?!

Josh had an interesting day at work.
The last like… 5 minutes of his shift at Kohl’s, he got to do a return for a customer. As Josh is telling me this, he describes what the customer looks like. Tall. Thick/Muscly. Tattoos. Thug-like. And he describes his girlfriend as “the type of girl you would see on Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift” Which makes me laugh. Then he says:
“I put my hand in the Kohl’s bag to take out the return items, and he mentioned that there were only two items, but I see a third item, and I grab at it… only to realize that I grabbed the trigger of a hand gun, and it was pointing right at me. I had a moment of panic, and then I took my hand out of the bag and started freaking out silently… and I pulled the bag away from the register and myself and assessed the situation. The guy was nice enough so I said ‘uh… did you uh… know… that uh… there is a gun in your bag?’ and the guy looked at me with a shocked expression, and his girlfriend too, and they started freaking out and apologizing and saying that they didn’t know it was there and it was really embarrassing. And I joked about it… I said ‘I promise you I will give you all of your money back if you don’t shoot me.’ I laughed, they laughed. But it was so scary, I thought I was going to die.”
My poor husband. But he survived, and that’s all that matters, right?!
Not only that, but he called me after the incident, and begged me to go to McDonalds to get a Dr. Pepper. (it’s his addiction… haha) and I said “Okay…!!” Because, he really wanted one and he had a scary moment. But, the drive through was SO long, and the inside was also a long wait, but not as long as the drive through. He decided to stay inside and get his “drug of choice”. It took forever, but finally he was able to leave, but the usual road that he takes to get home was blocked by Fire Trucks and Ambulances! So he had to do a U-Turn. But I guess there was a BIG accident… like so big people were coming out of their houses to take a look at it to see what was going on. Josh said that whole neighborhoods were outside looking at what was going on. Which makes him comment “Maybe, all of that stuff at work was supposed to happen so I would get stressed out enough to have  Dr. Pepper. What if that was me?”
Which worries me because I had a really bad anxious feeling all day.  I was taking a shower and could hear people talking outside of the door and I thought that they were going to tell me something happened to Josh. Weird, right? I had WEIRD anxiety about my husband. All day. Until he came home. Now I feel better.

Have a great rest of your weekend, though!! I just had to share all of that before I forgot about it. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment