Wednesday, September 7, 2011

When Motivation Strikes

Josh had Monday off. It was lucky because it was labor day. And it was lucky because I really wanted to get our room sorted out because it was driving me crazy.
Now it looks so much better.
IMG_0091IMG_0092IMG_0093
{picture one: NO MORE BOXES ON THE SIDE OF THE BED!}

{picture two: our pile of boxes all nice and neat in the corner}

{picture three: no more table in front of our clothes. Just lots of laundry to do}

{and, also I am so thankful for the instagram app for making my room look awesome}


I am so happy that everything is put back to normal. Surprisingly, we only gave one black garbage bag of stuffed animals and a couple of random small boxes of stuff to Goodwill. We only had one small garbage bag of actual things that we couldn’t give away and threw in the garbage. I was surprised. Then we also found we could combine a lot of boxes into other boxes and it looks like we have a lot less stuff. But really, we don’t. It’s pretty much the same.

SO, I am sure you are wondering how everything is … er … going? Everything is going great. I guess. Last month was a fail. Which is okay. It wasn’t at the time, I cried a lot. I was SUPER emotional. But now it’s time for this month ALREADY! And, yeah. Now it’s just… time to do our thing, and then wait and wait and wait. That’s the worst part. But lucky for me I start working on Friday {at my state fair! woohoo!} and then school starts on the 21st. I am really excited about that. So I have a lot of things occupying my time. :D
On another note…
Yesterday Josh’s youngest brother asked his mom where babies come from. He is almost 12. And it was like 10 at night, and we were all tired and giggly and so it was funny. But, instead of just telling him straight away where babies come from and all that kind of awkwardness, Josh’s mom asked “well, what do you think happens. Where do you think babies come from?” And I thought that was a good way to be able to tell kids about that kind of thing. Get their point of view on it, and then correct them and give them the right information. He didn’t really say too much, and then in the end he decided he wasn’t sure he wanted to know… so he has yet to find out where they actually come from {and he did have an interesting idea…}. I know that I have a VERY long time before my children ask me about babies and that sort of stuff, but it’s nice to get an idea of how to tell them when they ask.

It’s another scorcher here in the PNW {80 degrees right now! whew!} but it’s nice. I have no idea how long it’s going to last. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment