Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The day I found out

prego

Was a rainy day in May {which rhymes by the way}, and I had a seriously bad sinus infection. It started on Thursday, and by Saturday it was unbearable, so I went to urgent care because I realllllllyyyyy needed some drugs to take care of it. I mentioned to the doctor that things weren’t goin’ on down there and I was a week late, but I said that I thought it was because I was sick. he offered to let me take a test just to make sure and I said ‘alright’ not really thinking that anything was going to happen.
Then he came back. Sat down. Turned on the computer. Turned and looked at me and said, “it looks like congratulations are in order because you are pregnant!”
I just stared at him … and then looked at Josh thinking if this was a joke. We were absolutely stunned. STUNNED! and had absolutely no idea what was going on. Then I turned back to mr. dr. man and said “what? can you repeat that?” so he tells me again … and then I cried. and cried. and cried. and cried. for all day long. we drove home and told everybody. EVERYBODY! we called parents, grandparents, siblings that don’t live here, it was absolute chaos for a little bit.

after a few weeks {it was 5! and they were the LONGEST 5 weeks of my life} we finally got to see our little bebe! it was flipping and flopping, somersaulting, waving and wiggling all over the place. it was beautiful. and mine. and I cannot wait to snuggle and kiss it every day of its life.

josh and I are so excited to be parents. just so, so, SO excited!

 

{p.s. congrats to my friend Kennedy! Who had her baby today!! Their very first little boy after three super cute little girls, and let me tell ya, he is super handsome!}

1 comment:

  1. I am finally reading peoples blogs again, and I'm glad you posted how you found out you were pregnant! That is a crazy way to find out! I am so excited for you guys and I can't wait to see pictures of your busy little jellybean when he/she is born! And thanks for the congrats on Owen!

    ReplyDelete