Friday, July 15, 2011

oh happy day, it’s friday!

Today, Josh and I went to go and see the new Harry Potter movie. It was amazing, and I cried pretty much through the whole thing. There were parts where I was like, balling on the inside because they were so amazing. I LOVE the Harry Potter books, and the movies. :o)

SO, today, I was also thinking about Church (not something I used to do, but I have been a lot more lately). But I was thinking about how the early pioneers of my Church sacrificed everything, and when I say everything, I actually mean everything. They left their homes, farms, families, prized possessions, everything that they loved because their Father in Heaven asked them to. Because they were threatened, being beaten down by those who couldn’t understand their religion… and those who just didn’t want to understand. And the Lord gave them strength to get through that. There was loss and heartache along the way, but that is part of the Plan. We have to go through those things so we can grow and learn and end up back with our Father someday.
It really makes me think. What am I willing to give up to have a child? Is there something that I am supposed to sacrifice to get this blessing? Possibly. Maybe I am just supposed to learn how to be patient, and to trust in the Plan. I don’t really know quite yet, but I think that I am getting close to figuring it out.
Maybe it’s not just me that should sacrifice. It might also be Josh as well. It takes two to tango after all. But who knows, really. We will eventually. I have faith in that.

You know what gets me every time? When I think about how sad I am that I don’t have a baby… but then I try to remember that there are others out there that have a harder time than me. Who have lost children that they knew… and that they got to hold and love and care for. My cousin and her husband had a beautiful baby boy, and after only a few months of life, was taken because of a heart condition. They have such amazing faith, though. And because of their faith they were able to over come that trial.
I think of Emma Smith and how almost every time she got pregnant, she would lose the baby. Not after a few months of being pregnant… she would carry a baby full term, and then it would be a still born. How hard would that be? That would be the hardest thing that I think I would ever have to go through. I couldn’t imagine the pain that she felt.

I am really glad that I started this blog, it helps me get all of my thoughts out. Haha! I kind of feel like this is turning into a “finding my faith, figuring out  my life” type of blog. I don’t mean for it to. I think it’s just today that I am being all snuggly about my Church and my Faith.

Anyways, Josh and I are having fun, being married and making plans to go back to school. We both got accepted to our local community college. YAY! We figured that we should also focus on trying to better our lives instead of just focusing on trying to have a baby. You might want to know why I would make plans to go school when I am trying to get pregnant. Because, like I said, we need to focus on something else. Otherwise I will go crazy without babies. I have baby fever BAD! And maybe if I take the stress off of myself trying to get pregnant, then maybe I will get pregnant! Reverse psychology. Ha.

Have a great weekend, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment